The concept of cigar smoking dates back many years ago, to the 10th century. Indigenous inhabitants of the islands of the Caribbean Sea and Mesoamerica used to joyfully indulge in cigars. Today a cigar is a tightly rolled bundle of dried and fermented tobacco. Cigars are smoked throughout the world and adored by true cigar lovers. However, it seems that the art of smoking a fine cigar is still unknown to many people.
As a background, the closed end of the cigar is called the ‘head’ of the cigar. This is the end that you smoke. The open end of the cigar is called the ‘foot’ and the location you light the cigar.
Now the outer leaf of the cigar is called the wrapper. As an important note, please be careful with how you handle the cigar. They can be sensitive and the wrapper is the most delicate part of the entire cigar.
For cigar aficionados all around the world, it’s important to understand how to smoke a cigar.
Here are some helpful tips on how to properly smoke a cigar.
1. Inspect the cigar and make sure that it is in good condition. Make sure that the outer tobacco leaf is whole and not cracked or pitted. Also squeeze the cigar and make sure it is properly humidified. The cigar should not be too moist nor too hard, but should give a little while still maintaining firmness.
2. Cut the cigar using a sharp pair of cigar cutters. There are many styles of cutters, but make sure they are in good condition. Snip or punch through the top cap quickly and cleanly. Such a cut will prevent the wrapper from peeling, ensuring the integrity of the cigar for the entire duration of your smoke.
3. Make sure the cigar is ready to be smoked. Blow on the cigar to make sure there is no sediment or any remains of the cap. Put the cigar in your mouth, and inhale a few times. Air should be able to draw through the cigar without any obstructions. If there are any obstructions, use the cigar cutters and clip the head of the cigar a little lower down.
4. Light the cigar. Take the cigar out of your mouth and gently toast the end with your cigar lighter. Apply the lighter to the cigar while rocking the cigar back and forth, making sure to quickly hit the entire surface of the cigar end with the lighter. Your objective is to get the cigar evenly toasted so that the cigar does not burn raggedly during your smoke. Some cigar lighters have unique lighting mechanisms, so always make sure you know where the flame is going when using your lighter.
5. Smoke your cigar. Once the cigar is fully lit, take a few puffs of it by sticking the head into your mouth and drawing air into your mouth through the cigar. Allow the cigar smoke to swirl around your mouth. If the cigar tastes and draws smoke correctly, continue smoking your cigar. A cigar is meant to be savored, so take your time while smoking. Also, cigars are not meant to be inhaled, so do not smoke your cigar like a cigarette, or you may find yourself sick.
Original made cigarettes. Buy cigarettes online free shipping, a deals for those who are looking for American cigarettes at discount prices.