* Sun Cured Country Tobacco, used for snuff and chewing tobacco, grown in central Virginia, western Kentucky, and northwestern Tennessee
Plantation: Monsoon crop: Mid-August – 1st week of September. Winter Crop: Mid-September to Mid-November.
Marketing: Monsoon Crop: February to March, Winter Crop: April to June
Physical Characteristics: Color Nut-Brown, Leaf size – Medium to Large, Pore Volume – (ml/gram) 0.07 to 0.20, Filling Value – (cc/gram) 3.80 to 5.80
Chemical Characteristics: Nicotine (%) 1.00 to 3.25, Reducing Sugars (%) 3.00 to 9.00, Chloride (%) 0.50 to 2.00
Economic Use: Primarily used for cigarette blending and for hookah tobacco paste making
* Dark air-cured tobaccos, used for chewing tobacco, grown in central Kentucky, central Tennessee, and north-central Virginia
* Maryland tobaccos (air-cured) used for cigarette and smoking mixtures, grown in southern Maryland
* Cigar tobaccos (air-cured) used for cigar wrappers and fillers, grown in the Connecticut Valley and small areas of Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. Cigar Wrapper Tobacco (West Bengal)
Plantation: Mid-October-November 1st week
Physical Characteristics: Color – light brown with greenish tinge and with light veins in the lamina. Leaf size -shade-cured, cured leaf is large in size, thin bodied
Chemical Characteristics: Total Nitrogen (%) Bottom Leaf 0.6 – 1.0 Middle Leaf 0.8 – 1.2 Top Leaf 1.3 – 1.6. Nicotine (%) Bottom Leaf 3.0 – 3.3
Middle Leaf 3.3 – 3.7 Top Leaf 4.5 – 4.9. Starch (%) Bottom Leaf 2.2 – 2.4 Middle Leaf 5.4 – 5.6 Top Leaf 3.4 – 3.6
* Flue-cured tobaccos, used for cigarette, pipe, and chewing tobacco, grown in southern Virginia, central and eastern North Carolina, eastern South Carolina, southern Georgia, southeastern Alabama, and northern Florida
Plantation: Mid October to first week of November in Andhra Pradesh Early May in Karnataka
Marketing: February to June in Andhra Pradesh September to February in Karnataka
Physical Characteristics: Color -Lemon, Leaf size -Medium to Large, Pore Volume – (ml/gram) 0.13 to 0.15, Filling Value – (cc/gram) 2.6 to 2.8
Chemical Characteristics: Nicotine 1.5 to 2.5, Reducing Sugars 8 to 20 Chloride (%) 0.5 to 1.5
* Burley tobacco (air-cured) used for cigarette, pipe, and chewing tobacco, grown in central Kentucky, central and eastern Tennessee, southeastern Indiana, southern Ohio, western West Virginia, and western North Carolina. On an average, India produces 30 million kilograms of varied styles of burley tobacco under different agro-climatic zones. Expansion of cultivation in new areas is under way to meet the growing export demand.
Plantation: July first week to August second week
Marketing: November to January
Physical Characteristics: Color – Tan to Brown, Leaf size – Medium to Large, Pore Volume – (ml/gram) 0.18 to 0.28, Filling Value – (cc/gram) 5.0 to 6.2
Chemical Characteristics: Nicotine (%) 1.20 to 2.50, Reducing Sugars (%) 0.50 to 1.20, Chloride (%) 0.10 to 0.30
* Smokeless tobacco. The two main types of smokeless tobacco in the United States are chewing tobacco and snuff. Chewing tobacco comes in three forms; loose leaf, plug and twist. Snuff is finely ground tobacco that can be dry, moist, or in sachets (tea bag-like pouches). Smokeless tobacco is placed in the cheek or between the gum and cheek. Users then suck on the tobacco and spit out the tobacco juices, which is why smokeless tobacco is often referred to as “spit tobacco” or “spitting tobacco.”
Chewing Tobacco (Red Chopadia)
Plantation: October to November
Marketing: April to August
Production: Anand area of Gujarat
Physical Characteristics: Color- light to medium bodied and golden yellow, Leaf size -The primed leaf is sun-cured for 10 to 12 days till the stem dries and the leaf develops yellow color. Later, the leaves are tied into bundles and bulked for developing aroma.
Chemical Characteristics: Economic use. Mostly for chewing. Also called Lal-Chopadia, and Safna. The export packing ranges from 250 gm – 1000 gm and is available in bales of up to 100 Kg and 200 Kg cartons.
Original made cigarettes. Buy cigarettes online free shipping, a deals for those who are looking for American cigarettes at discount prices.